Stephen Hopkins' house. It was moved to this spot from the bottom of the street in 1804, then moved to the top of the opposite side of the street in 1927.
Photo by John R. Hess from Old Providence, a booklet issued by the Merchant's National Bank of Providence (1918).

Return to Washington's Second Visit to Rhode Island

© 1999–2017 Quahog.org (with the exception of elements provided by contributors, as noted).